Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Meatloaf- Batch Recipe

I decided to try my hand at a batch recipe.  Make now, freeze, cook and eat later.  I hope you enjoy!

You will need:

5 lbs. ground beef
3 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs (I used crushed saltine crackers.)
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup Dale's Seasoning
1 cup onions, finely chopped ( or 1 tbsp. onion powder. My picky eaters won't touch onions)
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1.  To large bowl add all ingredients except the ground beef. mix togther.

2. Add ground beef and mix together

3. Divide mixture into 3 loaves, place 2 in freezer bags and freeze.

4. Put remaining loaf into glass dish and cook at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2  to 2 hrs.

About half way through cooking, I drain any grease that is in the cooking dish and add ketchup to cover top of meatloaf and return to oven to finish cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment