Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cheap & Easy Chicken & Rice


You will need:

2-3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups instant white rice
2 cups chicken broth 
2 cups broccoli florettes
2 tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Boil chicken with about 4 cups of water, butter and salt till it is done. Reserve chicken broth for cooking rice.

2. Bring 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil and add rice, cover and steam for 5 minutes.

3. Shred chicken and add to rice along with steamed broccoli

And voila! Super easy and yummy recipe.  You can feel free to add in any vegetables to make it a little healthier.
Serves 4-5

I ended up making 3 cups of rice and 3 chicken breasts when i made it. DH doesn't eat rice, so i bagged up lunch sized portions for me and Devin and froze it.  I'm sorry the pictures are all blurry.  I am having to use my phone for the pics untill we find the cord for our digital camera.  Better pics are coming soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment